Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I've got those Mightnight Blues WIP1

I thought you would enjoy a sneak peak of the painting that I am working on now. I am loving the colour palette for this one. Blue is my favourite colour and in this one I am using the complete range of blues form the warm purply blues to the cooler aquas.


Painting this is a bit like working on a jigsaw puzzle as you look for the shapes on the reflective surface of the saxophone.  I have been enjoying listening to Stanley Turrentine's saxophone music as I worked on it today and thought you might enjoy hearing it too.


Ona

5 comments:

  1. I love blues too, both the color and the music.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very original view and chimes nicely with the blue-blues.

    Here's my favourite, albeit a British band

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5odaPQ0eVo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link John . I will listen to it today

      Delete