Sunday, September 7, 2014

Tasty

I thought I would finish the little painting of some nuts and seeds in the autumnal sunshine that I have been working on outside today as it is such a lovely day. I put it down for a couple of minutes and ...

 
...Do you think I paint a little too realistically?  (grin)

This was lots of fun to create and a welcome break from all the matting and framing I have been doing.  The painting within the painting is 4.5 by 2.5 inches and the whole painting is 6.5 by 10.5 inches. 

I thought you might also enjoy this photo that James took as I was working on it early yesterday morning when it was not so sunny.


As you can see I needed the magnifying glass to paint all the little details on the tiny chipmunks.

Ona 

2 comments:

  1. love it! How do you get these great ideas?

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandy. I'm not sure. They just pop into my head, usually at the most inconvenient times :)

    ReplyDelete