Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Progress Update

I am so relieved. 15 layers of paint later and I have got past the ugly, oh my, what was I thinking stage and am now hoping this painting might actually work.


As I am sat here thinking about what to do next though I am starting to wonder why on earth I wanted the figure to be only a small part of the painting. Getting a likeness when the face is smaller is much harder work. We don't think of that sort of thing when we have these great initial ideas do we though. I tend to be thinking of the overall look and feel of the piece at this first stage and not little details such as how I easy or hard it will be to paint. Oh well, here goes....Wish me luck 


Ona

3 comments:

  1. It's looking awesome!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need luck, Ona! You only need your size 0000 brushes;)

    It's looking amazing already!

    ReplyDelete