Thursday, February 20, 2014

Progress made

I have really enjoyed bringing this face to life on the paper. I will have some minor adjustments to do once I have painted his hair and clothes but the face is broadly done. I wonder what he is looking at.


I used the same colours for his eyes as I had used in the background and have kept and will continue to keep the edges slightly soft focus as I felt it would enhance the dreamy feel to the painting.

I think I will work on his clothes next and leave his hair till last.

Any ideas for a title? the last two lines of the poem 'Poor is life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' sums up what I am trying to convey in this painting but its probably a little long as a title.

Ona

5 comments:

  1. for a title how about "time to stop and stare", or shorter still "time to stare". I love your faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this is coming along, beautiful peaceful colors and great idea! The "contradictions of time" ...I'm horrible at titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all so much for your title ideas. I have had several by email too.

    So far we have: Time Stopped
    Time to Stare
    Contradiction of Time
    Inquiring Minds
    Circle Game
    Time to Stop and Stare

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thoughts on your subject were , "he's quite inquisitive." What a darling.

    ReplyDelete