Saturday, February 15, 2014

Work In Progress

Life is still pretty crazy here. I am still making multiple trips to the hospital to see dr's and to Emerg to help keep my PICC line open so I can continue getting the IV antibiotics to beat this infection. I am still painting when I am able though.

 I was recently inspired by the poem Leisure by W.H Davies and a photo that I came across of my son when he was small. I love how, unlike so many adults, children often just stop and stare at things around them when they are interested so I wanted to capture the contrast between the constant hurrying motion of life and the child like curiosity that makes children stop and stare. Over the last week or so I have been working on the background blurring it to suggest the movement of people. I wanted to leave a lot to the imagination though letting the viewer interpret the movement and the location in the way they wished.


I am looking forward to developing the sense of curiosity in the child. I am unsure yet what to call this painting so please let me know if you have any title ideas.

For those of you that do not know the poem by WH Davies I mentioned above, here it is:

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Ona

2 comments:

  1. I love that feeling of movement you have created in the background. Can't wait to see the rest of the painting come to life.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem and I know the painting will be lovely too:)

    ReplyDelete