Saturday, November 26, 2011

Baby on Board!




 'Life has a way of knocking over the most brilliant plans'
(from the Jerusalem Train by Jon Dietz)

Isn't this quote so very true.... not only for my painting but life too...with a 'Baby on Board' you can never be quite sure what is going to happen next. (grin)

This has been a fun painting to do.  I wanted to keep the chess pieces and board quite mystical, almost like a surreal world in feel, so I kept it deliberately 'soft focus'. In contrast the baby is very much 'in focus' because, to me, he represents real life with all its unexpected twists and turns. I also chose to add another colour for the babies arms to help draw attention to his action of knocking over the king. Its fun to play with techniques to help convey a message.

Ona

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Ona. One can read so many things into your design from an Alice in Wonderland scenario to the battle between good and evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol. Its always interesting to know what others see in a painting.

    Ona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo!! A fantastic finish, Ona!! I think Baby on Board is a good title :-)

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Brenda. It's a fun title isn't it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I saw this on the video on you tube and followed the link to your web site. I love your work.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete